Enough Already

(Just as a warning before you start to read, I'm going to talk about health stuff again, and if you're squeamish, you might want to skip this post.)

There's a mystery on my hands, one that I sincerely wish I could solve quickly. For over a week I have been on-again, off-again sick and we can't figure out what it is. Mostly it has been a gastrointestinal thing-- at first I thought I had caught some kind of stomach bug. I spend much of the day nauseous and I alternate between being constipated and having horrible diarrhea. (Which in itself is very odd.) Last week this was combined with such horrible gas that my lower abdomen area felt like it was going to explode from the pressure. I literally couldn't move without being in agony.

About Friday I started to feel completely normal, but alas, but Sunday morning I was horribly sick to my stomach again, to the point of throwing up my breakfast. You would think I have the flu, but two things make me think it isn't so: one, it's lasting a little on the long side and two, not one other person around me is getting it. My sister Amy last night asked me if it isn't possible that I could be pregnant, but I think we can rule out pregnancy, seeing as I am in the midst of having a period. (Saturday was my flow of flood-like proportions day.)

Yesterday I thought I had found the solution at last. Turns out with my diet I am eating about three times the normal amount of fiber the FDA recommends. But I am not drinking copious amounts of water to help my body get rid of it. And apparently excess fiber can cause all the symptoms that I am having. So yesterday I tried to drink as much as possible while eating as little fiber as possible. (I was not feeling much into eating most of the day anyway. Throwing up does that to you.) Yesterday evening I felt slightly better, so I felt confident that I had a solution.

But this morning I tried to go for an easy jog and only made it down the street before I very nearly threw up and had to walk back home. I'm so tired of being sick! I have no energy, my house is a mess, I'm supposed to be training for a triathlon, and tomorrow I'm supposed to take my kids to a water park-- it's their joint birthday present, and they go back to school next week so I can't really postpone it.

Ugh! I just want to feel normal again!

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
ugh! i'm sorry you are sick. i wish i had some advice or ideas...but i sure hope you can figure it out and get well soon. being sick is no fun- especially when you have other things that you need to be doing. booo!
Kaycee said…
that does sound odd. Doesn't sound quite normal, and because it doesn't seem normal, I would see a doctor. I have stomach problems, a sensitive stomach and if I eat greasy or sweet foods I get really sick with all those same type of things. Sometimes it comes out of the blue. But I have been like that for as long as I can remember and it runs in my family. But for you, if it's not normal, I would get it checked out.
Abby said…
Hm, you might have your gall bladder checked out. Also, if you're constipated you can have terrible gas build up and it can also make you vomit. That's all I have to offer.
Abby said…
Also with your new diet, are you eating anything new that you're not used to eating/have never eaten before?
kristi said…
I am so sorry you are sick! I am praying it goes away for you and I both. For you because I don't want you sick, and for me because I can't wait for you to meet William!!! I am hoping to be home tomorrow night for Nic's birthday! I'm saying lots of prayers for you tonight! :)

Popular Posts