It's Official

My doctor released me today from bedrest! Woo-hoo!!! I'm officially allowed to get up and do whatever I want. (She cautioned me that I might want to take it easy until after Christmas though, just to avoid the Christmas birthday thing, but it is completely up to me.) So I celebrated my official release by doing the dishes when I got home.

What fun.

Actually, it was a real pain. My stomach is in the way when I stand at the kitchen sink, so I had to try and stand sideways while my back ached from the awkward angle. I spent most of the time trying to catch my breath also-- it felt like I was trying to run a mile. Plus I had a few contractions while I was at it. Not enough to herald the start of real labor, but enough to make me uncomfortable. So as soon as I finished I sat down again to rest.

I might as well be on bedrest anyway if I can't actually manage to do anything!

Still, I'm itching to get out of the house. I'm seriously tempted to go shopping or something. Granted, I would have to take all the kids with me. But it might be worth it! Then again, maybe I'll just go take a nap.

Comments

VKMyers said…
I know what you mean with the being tired thing. I can barely take a shower before I feel like I need to lay down and take a nap. And the belly in the way is my favorite... Here's hoping for a post-Christmas baby!
Abby said…
I vote for a nap. And hooray for no more bedrest!
Brooke said…
Congratulations! Although, I would wait until after the New Year. It works out much better for placement in primary classes. :)

Popular Posts