The Watched Pot is Not Boiling

In other words, I have not had the baby yet. In fact, I have yet to have a single contraction today, even though I have been running around doing laundry and cleaning my house like a maniac. Doesn't that just figure??? Won't it be funny if I go all the way to 40 weeks after all that bedrest to make sure I don't have the baby early?

Well, it would be ironic anyway. I don't know how funny I would find it.

Christmas was tons of fun. Our kids are just at that age where they find everything about Christmas exciting and magical. Christmas Eve we went to my sister Camie's house and ate appetizers for dinner. I decided to throw the diabetes diet out the window for Christmas so I ate everything without measuring or counting carbs (though please don't tell Terence, he didn't notice. Good thing he doesn't read my blog!) The spinach artichoke dip was my favorite. Maybe it just satisfied some unknown craving because I could have eaten it all night long and all the next day and not had enough. The kids roasted marshmallows to make s'mores, but mostly they just ended up lighting up marshmallow flares. That ended up being just fine-- no one seemed to want to eat them anyway. Maybe we have a family full of pyros.

Christmas morning the kids didn't get up until 8am. Hallelujah! I needed the sleep! They seemed very, very pleased with what Santa brought them. Isn't it so nice to get it right? Then we headed to my parents' house to open more presents and have a family dinner. Once again I ate everything I wanted, and it was such a relief. I've been so hungry lately. (Maybe I'm just trying to finally gain some weight this pregnancy? Right now my total weight gain is 4 lbs. I'm not complaining-- it's just odd.)

Anyway, I guess I should get off my computer and go DO something if I want to get those contractions started. Here's to hoping the baby decides to come soon!

Comments

Kaycee said…
I am glad your Christmas was fun, and went well!!
How many weeks are you now?
That's awesome you only gained 4 pounds! so in reality, you lost weight.
by: Kim said…
I am glad you had a good couple of days. Sometimes you just have to eat what you want. You have been a trooper so far so you deserve a break. It is great when the kids are happy after the presents are opened. So far my kids haven't complained.
Good luck with the contractions I am praying everything goes just as you want it.
Anonymous said…
Gee, Heidi, I was so happy to see your blog on here as I've been thinking about you all day....wondering if anything was happening. Yes, you deserve some good treats for Christmas after you've been so good. Sounds like your Christmas was great. Awesome! Good luck and hope it's soon. Be sure and let us know. I'll be praying that all is well.
Brooke said…
Count your blessings of not having the baby yet! Having had a baby right around Christmas time, I think the farther you can get the baby's birthday AWAY from Christmas the better. It is such an added stress every year to be planning Christmas, and then suddenly, "Oh, yeah, it's Katelynn's birhday! I should probably put some brain cells into doing something for her too!" It's kind of a hassle. I didn't plan that one very well. :)
Abby said…
You've only gained four pounds?? And that doesn't worry anyone in the medical field at all? What?
Heidi said…
Nope, since I keep measuring huge and the baby's growing fine...I guess I'm overweight enough that lack of weight gain is not a problem!

Popular Posts