The Announcement

I survived!

K Matthew was born Friday at 12:34 pm. He was 8 lbs 3 oz and 21 1/2" long. Big, healthy boy with plenty of dark hair. It wasn't so bad of a labor-- it was pretty short actually, but I still caved and got the epidural. Those contractions were something else!

We checked in at 3am and found that I was already dilated to a 5. My OB was afraid that my labor would go too quickly, so they started me on the antibiotics for group B strep instead of inducing the labor. Gave me a nice long period to rest before everything got started. The two doses have to be given four hours apart, so they didn't actually start me on the pitocin until 9am.
Thank goodness it was over quickly after that!

Anyway, K is a very calm baby. He hardly ever cries, even when they were poking him and all that. And Friday night and last night both I got four hour stretches of sleep between feedings so I feel like a reasonably normal human being today.

Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers! I'll post some pictures soon.

Comments

Brooke said…
Congratulations Heidi and Terence! I'm so glad it all went so well...and that you survived, that's always a good thing as well!I bet you feel so good to have him OUT. Are you already home from the hospital?
Abby said…
Congrats you guys! I'm excited for the pictures. And only a 3.5 hour labor? That is awesome. I'm so happy for you.
VKMyers said…
Yea! I'm so excited for you guys! I wondered about you all day Friday and whether your little one had come yet. I'm also glad to hear that everything went so fast. I'll have to come by and see you, but it probably won't be until after ours comes.
Ashlie Dalton said…
Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad everything went better than you expected and he is such a good baby! Can't wait to see pics!
by: Kim said…
Congratulations!!! I am glad that everything went smoothly for you. I also can't wait to see some pictures.
Kaycee said…
Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures! That went really fast! I thought it would, but not that fast! wow! I am glad every one is well.
Anonymous said…
You've already heard from me (telephone) but wanted to wish Congratulations again. It all went just as I suspected it would. I'm so glad that it is all behind you. Now for the fun stuff! You're a trooper, Heidi. Loves, Pete
Congratulations! Glad everything went well! Kyle sure is cute! Glad the labor went reasonably well and that Kyle is calm. A fourth child needs to be calm with all the chaos going on around them...

Good luck in the upcoming months in getting your life under control. I think it took like 2 years for me to do that each time....

Popular Posts