Induction Looks Better All the Time

"You mean you haven't had that baby yet?"

This is the most common statement I'm hearing from everyone I run into right now. What did I expect? After all that time of carefully avoiding an early baby, everyone is absolutely shocked that I'm still pregnant.

I'm getting used to it though. I'm beginning to think this pregnancy is never going to end. It seems even longer than it really is because I haven't gotten to the 39 week point since I had M. I keep telling myself that I'm due next week, and it can't possibly last much longer than this, but what if this baby repeats what I did to my own mother???? (If I remember right I was due on Dec. 14th, but I was born New Year's Eve, and my mother had to be induced-- more than two weeks late!)

I got my hopes up Friday because the contractions came on every five minutes for about two hours, but then they just quit. Every day I have a nice, strong run of uncomfortable contractions that just go away. I never even felt "false labor" with my other kids, never had an idea what a Braxton-Hicks contraction was like. Maybe it's just because this is my fourth?

Patience, right? I just need to repeat it to myself frequently. Patience. This too will pass.

Comments

Abby said…
Late babies are pretty common with first kids, so I don't think you need to worry with this one. At least not to the degree of what you did to your own mother. Nowadays they would never let you go over a week late. With him gaining weight at an accelerated rate now, I don't know that they'd let you go much past your due date at all. I feel for ya. Pregnancy is just not fun.
Ashlie Dalton said…
I can't believe it! Geez, You poor thing. Have you tried cleaning and walking a lot? I keep thinking we'll see a post titled "Finally here" or something along those lines... I'm sorry and good luck. I hope your sweet baby arrives asap!
Kaycee said…
I thought you were in the hospital having the baby because you had not updated the last day or 2. I was excited. You have us all on pins and needles.
VKMyers said…
Isn't it crazy how "mother nature" works. Sometimes I think she's got a really warped sense of humor and just likes to play with our emotions. I'll keep you in my prayers that you'll get over your cold and have the baby SOON! And it looks like the possiblity of us ending up in the hospital together is getting better by the day!
Brooke said…
Oh, bummer Heidi. I KNOW how that feels. Just waiting and waiting and being teased by painful contractions, and then being let down when they stop. Those last few days of pregnancy are very very frustrating. But, like I said before (and I can speak from experience since I'm currently going through the stresses of Katelynn's 8th birthday), the farther you get away from Christmas the better. You will be SO grateful he's born later in January. It'll give you more time to re-coup from Christmas and New Years before you need to jump right into celebrating someone's birthday. I know you're not grateful for a later baby right now, but you will be in the coming years. :)
Anonymous said…
With all that bed rest, the sweet little thing is too content. Hmmmm??

Popular Posts