Thank Goodness I Live in Arizona, not Wisconsin

After I had B I ended up with a pretty bad case of postpartum depression. This time around, we've tried to be proactive in heading it off-- my OB has me on an antidepressant, my mom had me go see the accupuncturist, and in the meantime, I've been getting out of the house as much as possible. Between the sunlight and trying to have a semi-normal life again, it helps me to feel better.

So as part of my get-out-of-the-house plan, I took all the kids out to a local riparian reserve with my mom and my grandma on Saturday. My grandma thought I was insane, to put it nicely. She asked me several times if I was sure that I wanted to take a two-week-old out like that and also wondered aloud about me being up to the outing physically. Despite all of Grandma's worries, it was a wonderful afternoon! The kids loved it, and I found it wonderful to be out. I'm still making up for those 8 weeks of bedrest.

Here are some pictures from the park:

M and B

J

My grandma with K

This little adventure went so well that maybe I'm up to taking the kids to the zoo! (On second thought, maybe I should wait a few more weeks for that one....)

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
Your kids are all so darling! And the pics of your new little guy are making me baby hungry. That's great that you guys all got out of the house. It always helps me to do that- especially after I had Cole.
Anonymous said…
Adorable pictures, Heidi. Precious kids. Isn't that just like a Grandma. (Look who's talking!) We worry about everything. I'm so glad you were able to have that outing. And lucky Gram getting to snuggle that little one. That's what I would be doing.
Kaycee said…
Your kids are so cute! Thanks for posting pictures of your kids, it was fun to see.
It really does help to get out. I should do it more often.
by: Kim said…
You have the cutest kids. I am glad that things are going well for you.

Popular Posts