Resolutions

I've always been a goal-setting person. I started it way back still in elementary school, so making resolutions every New Year's is just a natural thing for me. The problem is that I never really achieve what I plan. Last year I figured I was being too ambitious and too vague, so I set achievable, concrete goals (so I thought.) Still, I didn't achieve much. And I suspect this isn't me, but by this point, my resolutions are just about the same every year. Does that mean I should just give the resolution thing the boot? Not a chance-- I'll try it again this year. (Maybe this year will be different!)

I bet some of mine are the same as some of yours!

So in general, here are my resolutions for 2009:

1. To lose weight (like 90% of the rest of adult America!)
2. To get financially organized-- debt paid off and money saved
3. To be a more patient parent (and a better listener)
4. To attend the temple once a month

(And no, I am not writing this from my hospital delivery room. We're still waiting....)

Comments

Kaycee said…
You have some of the same goals I have.
still waiting for baby! I love checking your blog, to see if anything has changed.
VKMyers said…
Here's hoping this year's goals don't have to be carried over to next year. :o) Seems like I do really well for a while and then something happens and I get sidetracked or derailed.

And here's hoping both of our babies come REALLY SOON!
Anonymous said…
I like your goals. I had 3 or 4 of them but need to adopt the "listener" one too as this would help me a lot. WEll, I wonder if you'll make any of my family's birthdays?....5th, 7th, 8th, 9th... or maybe your Aunt Pat's on the 11th. I guess we'll see. Take it easy.
Kaycee said…
so, we haven't heard from you in 3 days!!! can that mean you had the baby???

Popular Posts