Bah, Humbug!

December has always been one of my favorite months. I love everything about the Christmas season: the decorations, the fun food, the music, the traditons, my birthday, and of course, Christmas itself. In fact, with kids the holiday season has never been more fun.

However, I really feel I have to put my foot down.

Do the Christmas trees, ornaments, and wrapping paper have to show up in the stores before the Halloween stuff is even gone? Do we have to have nonstop Christmas music on the radio two weeks before Thanksgiving (on two different stations no less?) Do ads reminding us to not to forget to pamper ourselves amid the holiday crush have to air even before there is a holiday crush????

By the time Thanksgiving rolls around I'm almost weary of anything Christmas-related, and that's just not right! Whatever happened to just being able to savor November as a fall-themed, gratitude-expressing month before we rush headlong in the "gimme" month?

So I'm officially boycotting any Christmas activity until after Thanksgiving. Of course, it's not too hard, seeing as I can't go shopping or put up Christmas decorations anyway. Still, I'm taking a personal stand! Christmas belongs to December, not November!

Comments

Brooke said…
I'm usually with you on the No Christmas Before Thanksgiving Theme, but this year I'm different. I've been playing my Christmas music for a couple weeks now, I'm half way through with my shopping, and we are actually going to put up our decorations on Saturday! That is so unlike us! We're usually, The Day After Thanksgiving type of people, but something got into us this year and we are all about Christmas already!
Kaycee said…
I would have to agree with what Brooke said. I am usually not into Christmas, but this yr it came early for me. But my husband thinks I need to wait until after Thanksgiving.
Abby said…
Darn straight, heidi! I just drove past a house last night that had its Christmas tree up already. Ridiculous!
Amy said…
I have tried this year to start christmas early but everytime I try to listen to christmas music it just feels wrong...but it could be because it is still 85 degrees here!!
Anonymous said…
Hip-hip-hooray, gal! I'm with you! And that's been MY sentiments forever. Fall is my fav season and I hate to see it overtaken by Christmas stuff.

Popular Posts