Complicated Continued

I meant to finish this yesterday, but I just didn't feel up to it. It wasn't one of my better days, contraction-wise. However, this morning I am feeling much better so here goes!

Well, once Terence and B made it home on Friday (having left the van on the side of the road some five miles from the house), Terence decided to call a towing company he works with while on duty. Granted we are a long ways from where the towing company is located-- like 45 minutes-- but Terence figured it couldn't hurt to find out how much they would charge us. In the meantime, I called my mom for a recommendation for a mechanic. We used someone locally in the past for the van, but they didn't get the problem fixed and it cost a fortune, so I didn't want to take it back there. In my head I was juggling the money problem-- maybe if we used some of Terence's uniform money, and we (gulp!) charged the rest to the credit card we could probably survive this somehow.

My mom gave me the name of the mechanic she uses but warned that it had cost $150 just to tow my uncle's car there, and he lives far closer to the mechanic than we do. I swallowed and resigned myself to a $500 credit card bill (if we were lucky.)

Terence ran J to school in our pickup and then joined the towing company, who towed our van up to the mechanic. They told us they would let us know how much it cost later. My mom graciously agreed to pick up M and J from school, so that was one less worry. But I had resigned myself to the fact that we would probably be without the van for several days.

To my great surprise, the mechanic called after only a couple of hours. The problem had been a very dirty sensor, which was easily cleaned. Total bill= $86. For someone who had been expecting hundreds of dollars, that was a great relief! Terence then talked to the towing company who only charged us $35 for towing the van.

Best of all, when Terence got to work he found an overtime check waiting, which was enough to cover the van repair and our groceries for next week. Tithing blessings indeed!

(Still, I hope this is the only complication we have for the next six weeks. No more head injuries!!!)

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
WOW! I love surprises like that. I had a similar experience with hospital bills.
So glad everything worked out, you guys are definitely being blessed!
Abby said…
Hooray for tithing and nice mechanics/towing guys!
Anonymous said…
You guys have certainly been blessed. I'm so happy for the good news. Hey, Moms are so wonderful. Give yours my love (and your dad). You are a lucky gal to have such wonderful parents. Hey, your Aunt Pat told us at the Cousin's Party that Marv and Sue are coming to Littlefield/Beaver Dam and give a Homecoming. I wanted to go all the way to Arizona just to be there for it. Now I can go closer to home. Can't wait--12/7 I think.
VKMyers said…
I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out...that it was only a small problem and turned out so well. It's amazing the blessings we receive when we are faithful enough to pay our tithing.
Brooke said…
I've always believed that tithing is the best insurance you could ever carry! Glad to see it paid great dividends for you and your family.

When it rains, it certainly pours! The Lord must really love you to be giving you so many experiences to draw you closer to him!

Popular Posts