Complicated

There's always something to complicate your life when you already think it's complicated enough!

Back when I was on bedrest while pregnant with B, I was actually dilating with the contractions so it was essential that I avoided them at all costs. Plus we were so far from a hospital that could handle a preemie that if my contractions really got started they were going to have to fly me out. For the most part I kept really quiet and didn't have any problems. However, my loving husband decided to build a dog run so the kids could go outside and play without getting knocked over by our playful pups. Unfortunately, while he was pounding poles into the ground, he managed to nail himself in the head. I was resting on the couch when a blood-covered Terence staggered into the house.

The sight of my slightly incoherent husband dripping blood on the carpet did a fabulous job of getting those contractions going.

Fortunately, with help from our neighbors, a 911 call and a visit from the paramedics, Terence ended up OK-- the next morning he came home with several staples across his scalp, but my contractions did stop and we all came out of it essentially fine.

So I've been wondering what it would be this time. Yesterday, Terence took M to school only to have the van die on him miles from our house. Some kind stranger gave him and B a ride back to the house, but then we were in a bit of a quandary. The van was a huge distance from any mechanic, and though we have AAA the towing is only for five miles. We still had to get J to school, as well as picking up both kids later.

The biggest setback was that our emergency funds right now are severely depleted. We didn't even have enough money in the account to pay for next week's groceries.

So what did we do? Check back tomorrow and I'll give you the rest of the story....

Comments

Kaycee said…
oh my gosh! that is aweful! when it rains it pours! Iam sorry. Im glad you guys are ok.
I will tune in tomorrow to find out what happens! dunt-dunt-da!
Ashlie Dalton said…
Scary nail in the head scare! Can't wait to hear THE REST OF THE STORY!

Popular Posts