Life in the (Very) Slow Lane

My goodness! I guess if for some reason I wanted to increase my blog traffic I just needed to choose the right topic. I didn't realize that hypnobirthing would get such a strong response (from complete strangers, too.) I think I'll rely on Connie's suggestion though and make sure I have the priesthood at hand. I can already attest to the power of the priesthood in helping halt preterm labor.

So I am now 30 weeks along if you count from my last period (like I do), and 29 weeks if you count to my due date (like my OB does.) Early in the pregnancy they had moved my due date back a few days. I think it was probably accurate, since I have longer cycles, but now that I have to stay on bedrest, I'll take the advantage of moving up a few days. That means I only have seven more weeks to stay off my feet. A week and a half down and seven more to go....

If you had to stay off your feet for seven weeks, what would you do with your time? Any and all ideas are welcome!

Comments

Kaycee said…
wow, that is along time to be off your feet! Gee wiz, I don't know what I would do. Go insane, maybe.
I love movies, so I would watch movies. But yet that would get old fast. you like to write, so maybe do some writing, reading, write in journals. Do word searches, play solitare. I dunno, I could go on forever with little things like that. Good luck!
Brooke said…
Well, I'm glad you're at least getting meals brought to you. Is that going to last for 6 weeks? Good for Terence for stepping up to the plate! He's such a quality guy! So, does this mean you can't make it to the polls to vote? that would be a bummer!
Anonymous said…
Well, Heidi, I would send you my 1,000 pictures to sort through but Kaycee has already tackled that one for me. Do you knit, crochet, cross stitch? Do you like puzzle books? Your best bet is writing. You are so good at it. Write a book (about your "Life in the (very) Slow Lane". Great title! Good luck!
Abby said…
I got very well acquainted with GSN (I'm still addicted to Match Game 5 years later), Oprah (I'm over her), and crossword puzzles (the easy kind to help me feel smart).
VKMyers said…
I'd probably spend most of my time reading because I don't get to do that much any more. And I've got some books you can borrow if you need new ones to read. I also would break out my collection of musicals that I never get to watch anymore. If you need some company, let me know. I need to stop by!! I've been horrible.

Popular Posts