A Husband Away Brings the Cleaning Angels to Stay

We just finished up a three-day stint with Terence gone to Tucson for training. At first I was worried. After all, having your husband out of town for several days when you can't get up is kind of daunting. However, it all went really well.

In fact, if you can believe it, my house is now cleaner than it has been in over a year.

Strange that it should be that way while on bedrest with my husband away. But I guess when you really don't have any help, all kinds of people jump in. My mom was here every day for hours (she did all the school runs, even showing up at 6:30am to get M to school.) Every second she wasn't distracted by the kids she was cleaning my house or doing my laundry. Then Tuesday morning the Relief Society Presidency showed up and proceeded to clean my house even more. They even cleaned the dried-on-for-months applesauce and large pencil murals off the girls' bedroom walls! (Plus the RS Pres gave me a foot massage. It was heavenly!) And in the evening my sister Camie came and took the deep cleaning even further, getting the bathrooms, the overwhelming disaster of the office, and cleaning out my fridge. Now that is dedication and service!

Yesterday my house was so clean that my mom had to resort to long-put-off tasks like painting over the permanent marker decorations in the hallway. I feel like Extreme Makeover visited my home this week. Maybe Terence should go out of town more often....

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
Wow! I am impressed! What a nice few days (that you deserved), for you. That's amazing all those people stepped in to help you.
by: Kim said…
Wow that is great. Just think of all the blessings you all are receiving both for them giving the service and you for accepting the service. Now it will be easier for your husband to keep up with the daily things and I am sure it is a weight off your shoulders not to have to worry about the house for a while.
VKMyers said…
So glad that you were able to get some help while Terrence was away. Don't you feel better knowing that your house is clean? I always feel better, even when I feel yucky, to know my house is clean and I don't have to worry about it.
Abby said…
Aw, hooray for great family and friends! I love your mom. She is so sweet and I miss her. I still remember her taking me to the airport at the friggin' crack of dawn. Actually, more than once if I recall. And picking me up and taking me to Carl's Jr. Does your mom want to come live with me per chance?
Kaycee said…
wow, that is awesome! I bet it feels so nice to be in a clean house. A clean house can sure change a mood. I know I am a happier person when my house is clean.
Oh and a foot rub to boot! woo hoo!
Anonymous said…
Oh, Heidi, I'm so happy for you. You are surely blessed. Isn't it wonderful to know you are so loved? You must have a peach of a RS Pres. And your mom has always been one of my heroes. She is totally awesome. And hooray for Cami too. Love ya,
Brooke said…
Yay for you! Maybe I should go on bedrest (well, that would require being pregnant first, which I'm not! don't wanna be startin' any rumors now!), and send Russ out of town! It's heart warming to hear of such selfless service. Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts